Sunday 27 February 2011

All good things come to an end

Why do teachers and other staff in schools get long holidays? Because it's  bloody tiring that's why!  That and children, as great as they are can be quite tricky and working with them is seriously the best contraceptive! So I think you need time off to appreciate it all over again.  


Anyway this half term has reminded me of the good parts of being a student...the times without much work and being able to properly mid week drink. Although ironically this week of doing not a lot has led me to pull my finger out and actually book and have my first ever driving lesson. It was pretty scary and seriously I never had a clue how much you actually have to do to get the car moving but I think it will be worth it when I have a beautiful new car one day....oh and a teaching job to provide this obviously. 


This week has been ace and has made me not want to go back to work at all, it's just been a good mixture of doing nothing, meeting people and some scary people :-) and time with my two best friends. This weekend was the perfect girl weekend with two of my best friends and Jason Derulo. It was pretty sad turning up and realising the average age of CHILDREN was 14 and there were the three of us twenty-should-know-better something's. But at least we weren't some of the poor boyfriends that had been dragged along! 


I hate Monday mornings, especially the ones after a holiday, but time to man up and prepare to be only known as 'missssssssss' for another seven weeks, but I guess really I wouldn't change it or the kids.   

No comments:

Post a Comment