Monday 14 February 2011

break break break break your...(well probably my) heart.

Valentines day is clearly the inspiration behind today's post and I'm cynical...boyfriend or no boyfriend I hate today. I hate how it makes you suddenly feel like you SHOULD show someone you care about that you like them, surely you should do that anyway?? I am a massive hypocrite though and have succumbed to tradition every valentines that I have been with someone, even if it's just a joke present! This Valentines is all about the best relationship a 20 something woman can have...a best friend. 

Last year I had the worst Valentines ever, I had been broken up with for the second time in as many months and was still massively hung up on them, but my best friend did what every great friend does and brought vodka. One vodka turned into a hideous amount of vodka and me being pretty much carried home and being sick, gross but inevitable. Being single on Valentines day is hard, I know not for everyone and single can be loads of fun, but I think it emphasises how lonely you can feel. Well I know that's how I felt last year, happy people in general just pissed me off but especially couples because I had been royally rejected and felt so crap and it only made it worse. But thank god for friends eh...even if they do have to clean up your mess, or rather the ones that boys that created!!

This year things are much happier and a million times better, probably though they're scarier in terms of boys. The thought of really liking someone again is scary, I have done this before and been burnt but I'm not a dickhead and realise that not every guy is the same. But it's difficult knowing there's an end before there is even really a start. 

This is maybe why I make such a big deal of using Valentines to spend with my friends or in particular this year repaying the favour with my best friend. I can relate to the crappy Valentines day feeling and it can't help but make you reflect on what's happened since the last one. For me things are much more positive, even if they are only going to be for a few months it'd be worth it. So for everyone feeling as shit as I did last year, there is light and a very good one, not in the shape of boys but of friends. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Your best friend sounds like the bees knees. Just saying. ;) x

    ReplyDelete