Monday 7 February 2011

would you do it sober?

  


 I’m really not wanting to make this a judgemental blog or anything, I guess I’m just pondering drunken antics today for a few reasons. One of the main reasons was after reading an article online about a girl who left another blind after stabbing her with a stiletto!! Yeah I thought it was a sick Essex joke too…but no apparently some people really can be that mad when they’re drunk. It makes me feel sad being a young woman and reading that kind of stuff, because us young Brits already get a hard press about binge drinking and especially young women are taking the wrap for a lot of this so called ‘broken Britain.’

I should really probably state that I am no angel and have done my fair share of things that I would never do sober, including this Saturday I know there are many things with dancing badly in public being high up there. There is always the inevitable drunken texting that then leads to the deletion of texts the next day, whoever invented the mobile phone is a bad, bad person! Well ok maybe not completely…But my Saturday certainly was eventful from hiding from potential pissed off neighbours (don’t think they appreciated the Gaga) to having to call 999 for the first time in my life. The 999 call was to get someone to check out a drunken man I came across on the ground on my way home, I knew he’d be fine and was unlikely to remember in the morning but I didn’t really want to leave someone in that state on the streets…Maybe Britain has a fair reputation after all!!!

I feel like I have had my patience tested a lot recently for many reasons, but one of the main being hearing of drunken tales  involving using alcohol as a means to gain confidence to get girls. I have given up asking whether or not it is something to be proud of, I think it will just be something that the judgemental side of me will always take over on. Not the fact it happens, because it does let’s face it but the being proud of it and celebrating a lot in one week I will never get or forgive.

So I guess the proverbial  ‘it’ in this blog is anything from playing music too loud and not really giving a crap about your neighbours, to  getting laid, or indeed passing out on a street corner. I reckon most of us would like to think that we’re as rational drunk as we are sober, but we all know we’re not. I alike many other people who drank far too much this past weekend are claiming to NEVER  touch alcohol again but maybe it just softens the idiocies of our drunken selves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment